Savoring Summer: Marinated Grilled Steak and Vegetable Tips with Zucchini & Squash
We don’t eat steak very often, but when we do, it’s always so good I wish we had it more often! Today’s recipe is a PERFECT, savory summertime meal that doesn’t require a ton of work for a delicious and healthy payoff!
2 lbs Steak Tips
Honey BBQ marinade (or a marinade of your choice)
1 pkg Button mushrooms
4 total Red and yellow peppers
Salt and Pepper to taste
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Marinate steak tips overnight or for at least for an hour or two. If the tips need to be cut into smaller pieces, now is the time to do it – before marinating.
- Take your skewers and set them in a bowl of water before you start preparing the meat/vegetables. They should be immersed for 10 minutes.This is so that the skewers don’t burn or catch on fire while you’re cooking!
- Chop the onions, peppers, zucchini and squash into pieces.
- Place a large saute pan and a cast iron grill pan on the stove on high heat. Once the pans have had time, put a little olive oil in the saute pan.
- Begin forming skewers, I just make an assembly line and put one each of the steak, onions, mushrooms and peppers, then repeat.
- Put the zucchini and squash in the saute pan, mix so the olive oil coats some of them; salt and pepper to taste. Stir occasionally, and reduce heat to medium.
- Put the skewers on the grill pan, flipping once (do not flip them more than once, this will dry out your meat). These should be done in approx. 7 minutes.
- Pile everything up on a plate and enjoy!